Monday, November 14, 2011

Party Animals!

Yep, it was a 2 party weekend for us old folks!   First we attended a beautiful wedding of Jessica and Kyle (pictured above) in Tucson.    We enjoyed taking photos and eating yummy food and visiting with a lot of excited family members.  Beautiful wedding, beautiful setting, beautiful couple.  Good times! 


And then the next day we were off to a baby shower in Scottsdale  for   a special family member for me(it's complicated) and I was so glad to be able to attend.   Again lots of good food(Tom's baklava served at both events) , nice folks and it was a treat to see Autumn, a cute mother- to- be, pictured doing baby practice , open many little pink and frilly baby things for the baby who is due on December 10th.  Tom took photos at this party and I just enjoyed.  He was doing great until the discussion of nipple shields at which point he turned red and said that now he knew why men don't attend baby showers!  Tom's such a good sport!   After the shower  we  managed to get ourselves to the nearest Outback Restaurant after checking into our favorite Sleep Inn.   Were surprised to wake to rain the next morning but took time before heading for home to stop in Trader Joe's to pick up a few foodstuffs.  Love Trader Joe's!  Also checked out a few other stores in the mall. .big city fix!   

So the party animals made it home Sunday at dusk. .Sr. Citizen party animals don't like to drive after dark!   It was a good weekend and today it was back to it- working on the hundreds of photos from both parties and getting caught up on local happenings. I am planning to make prints of the best photos and put together albums for those who will enjoy the memories.

 I am doing well, no problems. . .just still on the slowly healing track.  Looks like it will be December before it is time to go back to Mayo for my check up.  My impatience has turned into oh-well's . . .at least everything is going the right direction and I am grateful for that!  Love and Hugs. . .Sandy

1 comment:

lorena johnson said...

Sounds like a whirlwind of activity. I am still not sure who the wedding couple is to you. What did I miss here?
About seniors not liking to drive at night. That has finally caught up with me now. :(
I am always so happy to come in here and find a new post. Glad you are still healing well.
Hugs!
Cami