Sunday, November 27, 2011

Whoops! Holiday Time Already!

My the time sure flies when you get into this time of year.  This little birdie is working on one of the last apples on the tree outside the kitchen window.  I end up taking a lot of my photos through glass.  I feel lucky to have the wildlife that come to visit the yard.  I must remember to wash windows! We have been busy with Thanksgiving and trying to get our early Christmas shopping done so that those things can be shipped.  It looks like we are going to be going to Oklahoma for a quick Christmas trip so  I can deliver there.  Last night was the lighted Christmas parade in Silver City.  It doesn't start until 7:30 and then they turn off all of the street lights.  Draws a huge crowd but it is really difficult photography.  And cold!  I was reminded how the temperature can drop in the high desert when the sun goes down.  I wore my Michigan parka and was glad I had it!  Tom wore a heavy shirt and sweater and vest and I think he  wished he had a Michigan parka!  We do get climatized here.  The temperature was only down to 40 degrees but felt much colder. There was a Christmas concert at the old downtown theater before the parade that was a real treat.  And it was warm inside!  Tom has been doing a quite a bit of baking.  Already two batches of baklava for different events and working on his Christmas peppernuts that he likes to send for gifts.  They are addictive.  We need to hide them instead of sitting them on the kitchen cabinet.  I can see that new year's resolutions for me will have to do with diet and sweets!   Excuse the rambling. .just wanted everyone to know that all is well here.  Still working on healing but still going well.  I suspect I will be going for my Mayo checkup in January.  Not a bad time of year to go to Scottsdale!  Wishing you all a big helping of Christmas cheer!  Love and Hugs to all . . .Happiness and gratitude abounds here!

3 comments:

lorena johnson said...

Always love to see your new photos and hear about all the exciting things you are doing and attending.
Will have the woofers over today to move our rooms around and get Marjie out of that little bedroom into the big bedroom we had been using as a family room. I will move out of my cave into her present bedroom which is at least twice the size of the one I am in now.
We will be using the living room at long last now that we have only two dogs and they are older and well behaved.
My present bedroom will become our food pantry and storage. moving the big rack out of the kitchen into the storage room will give us room for a tiny table and chairs.
We haven't been able to eat in the kitchen since we've been here, so things are shaping up at last.
Hope your healing is about done. I'm wondering, was there tunneling that was causing the slow healing?
I had a patient that had that and I had to rinse it out with saline and Hydrogen peroxide rinses with a syringe for some time. I just wondered if that was your case?
I'm so glad you are having such a good time in Silver City.
Keep us informed of your progress.
Hugs,
Cami

sfeutz said...

Hi Cami, Your rearranging sounds exciting! But what are woofers?? If they move heavy stuff they sound like a good thing! The doctors have said that the slow healing is due to the radiated tissue. The tunneling term I haven't heard before but I know that there was a big excavation of dead tissue which left tunnels and I called it a cavern. Those are what had to be stuffed with gauze soaked with saline or wound gel. I am long past that stage and with just a tiny opening at this time. I do feel like the inside has healed and come together just from the less discomfort that I feel all the time. Will be good to get the Mayo tests and look see just to be sure. As long as I wasn't having problems they didn't want me back until the wound is completely closed. I think that is close. From a patient's point of view, having the home health care nurses for the first part of this ordeal was so important to my stress level. The two I dealt with were so excellent. I am sure you were too and just as valued by your patients! Hugs, And have a Merry Christmas in your newly arranged house. I always enjoy your comments here. Love you, Sandy

lorena johnson said...

Sandy,
What you described as caverns is exactly what tunneling is. Sounds like you went through the same thing one of my patients did. I had to flush and pack her wound for several months and it finally closed.
I'm glad to hear yours is just a tiny opening now. That is a very good sign.
Thanks for letting me know.
Love you and am grateful to hear such good news.
Cami