Sunday, October 16, 2011

Where the Deer and the Antelope Roam

We haven't had any antelope in the yard but the deer abound.  The wildlife in this part of Silver City was one of the big attractions in choosing our home.   And we do still love the deer despite the fact that they eat every type of plant imaginable.  But it is an OK trade off.  The little backyard decorative pond and waterfall is a big attraction for them.  Particularly when the weather is dry and there is little water elsewhere.  Our little acre here also draws many birds an occasional rabbit and I know that there are javelinas in the area although I haven't seen any. 

We made a quick trip over a long weekend to Mancos.  The golden aspen and snow capped mountains were beautiful.  It was great to see old friends and old favorite places but was good to get back to a much warmer Silver City.  I guess I didn't remember Colorado being that cold!  And winter hasn't even begun there.  I am still wearing sandals here and I like it!

I am still doing Ok with the L.B. issue.  Impatient!  Wound care should be coming to an end soon and am anxious for that final healing to happen.  After that I go back to Mayo for a mammogram and check up.  It will feel good to get that assurance that all has healed well.  I am grateful for less discomfort and the energy to do what needs to be done.  And for Tom's patience and support.  And for his bringing me my first cup of coffee every morning. Life is good.  And I am sure that next year will be a good-er  year.  :)

Love and hugs to all. . .

Sandy

Colorado aspens and evergreens dusted with snow.  So beautiful. And cold.  Sandals and 70 degrees in New Mexico feel good.

1 comment:

lorena johnson said...

This is my second attempt to post on this new one of yours. Glad you are getting better and wish I could join you on some of your booths.
Hugs!
Cami