Thursday, October 6, 2011

We're Off!

Well not on horseback. . but in our little red subaru.  We are taking along weekend to Mancos and it is snowing there!   I am digging for sweaters, etc.  And leaving my sandals behind!   I am looking forward to seeing the snow but I will probably be reminded why we love the weather in Silver City.  I was hoping to catch the fall colors but I would bet that is gone.  But if we are lucky nothing makes better photography than a mix of snow and fall leaves.  So we will see!  We're off!

I am doing well with my treatment.  Wound care is winding down and it was good to talk with my Mayo doctor last week and be assured that all is well and going as it should.  My local doctor had also done a "visual" .(healing well but not a pretty picture!)   Am feeling less discomfort all the time and I think that must be a good sign.  And sleeping like a baby!  We have done a couple of shows with our photography and my energy level is good.  I have learned to be careful with too much heat.  Don't know why, but since the radiation treatment, too much sunshine wipes me out! 

Seems that everywhere lately there has been the sadness of those lost to or fighting cancer.  I feel so fortunate for the early catch and good prognosis.  But until there is a cure found for this dreaded disease the  odds are scary for all.   A cure for cancer must be out there,somewhere.  Someday it will happen.  Until then, we can all be grateful for the good doctors who battle for the survival of their patients.   A cure is what must be found. . . . .

Love and hugs to all. . And my gratitude for all of you.  For being there. . I know you are. . I can feel it.  .

Sandy

1 comment:

lorena johnson said...

Can't wait to see the pictures Sandy. Also, happy to hear your healing is progressing nicely.
I've been learning a lot more about visualization and Holographic theory on such and find that the more you visualize wellness the better it works.
I'm sure there are those that don't take, but with you attitude and mind set I'll bet it is a big part of the healing process.
Have a great time up the hill.
Hugs,
Cami