Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What Now?

I saw this young boy having what looked like his first "climbing the tree" experience the other day.  What you don't see is the mother below, knowing he had to do it himself, but  with her arms outstretched just in case!   As I have traveled this path that was unknown to me, it was so good to know there were so many of you there to catch me if I faultered or just let me lean on you if my knees were getting weak.  Thank you!  I had read somewhere that there is somewhat of a let down after cancer treatment is finished, because you don't feel that you are doing anything to fight the disease.  I understand that now.  I hope all of the cancer was removed with the surgery and if there were any of the little critters hanging around afterwards that the radiation abolished them.  I have been told it is  most likely that is the case.  That is what I need to believe.  And , what now?  You return to your life BC(before cancer).  But the experience changes you forever.  Are you a stronger person for have stared the possibility of  death in the face?  I guess so.  I don't know.  This I do know, I am  changed. With an abundance of newfound gratitude and for the better, I hope.

 Love and Hugs, 
Sandy

2 comments:

lorena johnson said...

We all love you kiddo and think you are the bravest of the brave even if you don't realize it.
Hugs,
Cami

Anonymous said...

I'm in "awe" (can't think of another word) at the change in your life that you have experienced. You really seem at peace (not that you were wild and rowdy before!).