Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Am Talking to Lizards, Is That a Bad Sign?

Not just any lizard really.  We have two very large lizards that hang out on the stucco walls of the front of the house.  We call them the house crocs and I assume they are getting their daily meals off of the bugs on the rosebushes there.  Beautiful creatures!   A few days ago I went out the front door to find a baby lizard(a miniature version of the house crocs) around the front porch area,and now he is most always there.  Very gentile little fellow. I talk to him  and tell him what a fine specimen he is and strangely, we have eye contact and he doesn't  scoot away as the two big ones do. He just sits and listens. And does a little front body pushup of approval now and then. So I am talking to lizards these days.  Is that a side effect of radiation?? 

 I think I am doing well with my recovery from surgery and treatment.  Still have a little occasional bleeding and a low grade pain zaps me ever now and then but not really knowing what is normal  I am guessing that is all OK.  When I go back for check up in September I guess I will know.  Energy level seems alright but the heat really gets me so I am trying to stay under the cooler during the hot part of the day and anxious for the infamous monsoon season to start so we get the cooling afternoon rains.   My thermometer was reading 97 today and that is hot for Silver City!

 I finally found the bird feeder that I was looking for and have it hung outside the kitchen window.  We had to hang it very high so that we aren't also feeding the deer from it.  Just a few birds this morning but hopefully they are telling their friends where the good eats are!

 I have been saddened by the death of two people, both of whom I barely knew.  One a lovely young lady, just getting started in her adulthood, who so badly wanted to live but valiantly battled cancer and lost.  Another,just a few years younger than I, whom I had visited a couple of times,  had many illnesses and choose not to endure  them anymore, and took her own life.  I had sensed a wonderful childlike spirit in her, and was shocked to hear the news.  So sad.  In both cases.  Once when I was a child,  I remember a minister saying that life is like a sparrow that flies from the outside through one window of a room, passes through the room and flies out a window on the other side.  It really didn't make sense when I was very young and a year seemed like an eternity.  It makes sense now.  Life is precious.  And too quick.  Treasure every day.  I know I do.  Gratitude! 

Now I think I will go have a chat with the lizard. . .
Hugs,
Sandy

4 comments:

lorena johnson said...

You are so delightful Sandy. I rather think your conversations with sir Lizard means you have stepped up into a larger room spiritually.
I had a pet spider in my kitchen once and a pet cricket in my BR in OKC.
All creatures respond to love when given a chance.
I'm sure that little lizard loves to feel the love coming from you.
Happy to see you doing so well.
Hugs,
Cami

Anonymous said...

New name for you...The Lizard Whisperer...or the Lizard Lady??? I'm glad to have read your post this a.m. I hadn't seen one in a while. This was a lovely story...even if you do talk to little lizards!! Hey, I talk to toads, so why not??

sfeutz said...

Thank you Cathy and Cami. Somehow I knew you two would understand! Hugs,
Sandy

VW said...

I'm sorry for the losses you've experienced recently. And, I have to wonder if one of the losses is a beautiful young woman I know of. I spent a good while on the phone with her Grandmother yesterday as she is just returning from the funeral. That young lady influenced more people for good than thousands of people like me ever have. Her life really gives me purpose. I'm just SO glad I have a sissy who is WELL!