Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ghost Ranch Calling

.
Having barely unpacked my bags, next week Tom and I head for an annual "retreat" that we look forward to all year.  Ghost Ranch is the location of the annual meeting of the Western Quaker Friends and a wonderful opportunity to see old and new Friends, contemplate our life and the world around us and just enjoy the peace and quiet of this magnificent New Mexico location. We also have the opportunity to share our photography again this year in the book store and are busy putting together a new group of "Ghost Ranch Memories" photo cards and matted photography.  I was wishing that it was a little further down the road from my month spent in treatment in Arizona, but actually the timing is probably perfect.  I am having enough time to reconnect with people here, to handle things that I have been postponing taking care of and the the days at Ghost Ranch will give me a few days to think on the past few months of this cancer venture and wrap my mind around the road ahead.  As many of you know, and I know for sure, that going through the terror of diagnosis and the uncertainty of procedures it leaves you with a different outlook as well as value of your life. ."One Day at a Time, With Gratitude".  I am there.  The rest of my life.  That I wasn't sure would be.  What a great place! A lot to contemplate next week at Ghost Ranch.   Stay tuned for the rest of the story!. . . Love and hugs to all of you  following  the blog. ..Get your cancer screenings. . it does save lives( I am going to be a nag about this!). . . .  Sandy

1 comment:

lorena johnson said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful treat in store for you. You guys have entirely too much fun, I wanna have some of that too.
Hugzzz!
Cami