Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Feel Good! And Other Blessings

It has been a great weekend but first to let you know that I am celebrating the best nights sleep in months and waking with a great feeling of energy and that of nothing hurting.  What a joy just feeling good is.  I know that at 69 it may not  last and aches and illness is part of the benefit that living in your senior  years but for now I am just say yippee and I am enjoying!

 Now to the weekend. .I  think this rainbow,( and there is a double rainbow if you look closely) appeared Thursday morning. That should be a positive sign! Friday was the kickoff day for Ft. Bayard Days.  We are supportive of the Historical Group that runs the museum there and were assisting them with photography of the two day event.  Saturday  brought with it busloads of school children with mostly 4th graders from 34 different schools.  That is a lot of 4th graders!  They started the day with a flag ceremony and then were off to  different stations manned(or womanned) by costumed experts in different areas of what life used to be like at the historic Ft. Bayard.  Saturday was the day for the general public and ended in the evening with a military ball.


 There were many other things going on around and about Silver City.  We made a quick trip back into town to catch the parade mid day on Saturday.  They use a lot of big paper mache puppets in the parades here and I knew there had been a workshop for making new ones.  We weren't disappointed!  The puppets and costumes were exceptional.  Such fun the parades in Silver City are.


 Other delights of the weekend were the sighting of three fawns with spots still showing.  I wasn't sure when the birthing time for the deer population was here, but I think it must be now!

 It's Sunday night and we have been to the gallery where we have shown our photography for the summer and loaded it all in the back of the Mountaineer and getting ready for the show we are doing next weekend.   Next week is going to be a busy week.  And it feels great to be able to keep up with busy days and weeks without it wiping me out!

  Gratitude for new energy and enthusiasm .  And beautiful fall weather.  And for family and friends.  And for finally  figuring out how to make the vacuum cleaner pick up kitty hair off the carpet. Blessings abound !

 Love and hugs to all,

 Sandy

PS  Sorry about the clutter of all of the extra photos but so many of these happenings in Silver City are hard to explain and "You just kind of have to be there"!  Thought they might help.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear everything is on an upswing. You and Tom pop into my head occasionally and its so good to hear positive news! -Sadie Rose

Anonymous said...

Some how I missed this post!! It does NOT seem possible that you are 69. I think you made a math mistake.

The rainbow shot is beautiful!! thanks for taking it and sharing with us!!

Were your ears burning the other day? Kathy and I were talking about ya...

lorena johnson said...

Hope this posts this time. Love this post. Rainbows have a real symbolic significance in my life.
Thanks for such elegant postings Sandy and I am so glad your spirits remain high. You and Tom have such a good time. I'm a a bit envious. Hugs!