Saturday, May 28, 2011

I Rang The Bell!

Whenever a patient has completed their radiation treatment at Mayo they get to come and ring a big brass bell that hangs in the inner waiting room!  I rang the bell Friday morning at 8:15 !   Good feeling.  Excuse the xrated photo used for this post but loved the joy expressed in this particular piece of street art! Note the beautiful Arizona tan.  Thankfully, although I have gained a couple of pounds from enjoying the good restaurants in the Scottsdale area, not quite that much! And having displayed my left breast to much of the medical community in both New Mexico and Arizona, I find bare breasts much less shocking myself.   But anyway, quick post as I have not yet unpacked or any of the many other things that go along with it, but gratitude to be home. And for life and for each of you that have followed me.I was told that the radiation will continue to work from within for about 2 more weeks and  I still have possibilities of complications such as lympodema,heart or lung injury etc but at this point everything is looking good.  My doctor and I are thinking positive!  So sending out hugs, love and gratitude this morning.  Now back to the first day of the rest of my life. . . . . . Sandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOO-HOOO!!!! What more can I say!!! What a journey this has been!

lorena johnson said...

I think the picture is about the most appropriate one you could have posted. It is beautiful and feminine and represents the joy of just being alive. I love it and love you. Good luck in your re-cooperating.
hugzzzzzzz!
Cami