Sunday, July 10, 2011

On the Road Again- and Back

We made a quick trip to hot and humid Oklahoma and are so glad to be back home in much cooler Silver City.   It was good to see grandchildren and others although I was dealing with a family non medical type emergency that made the whole thing stressful.  But life is a learning experience.  I found that I do turn into a mild  version of  Momma Grizzley when necessary.  That Tom is an incredible person in a crisis and I am so lucky to have him by my side.   That an airconditioned theater feels really good in 108 degrees heat. That big bags of popcorn and a funny movie soothe the soul.  And , oh, yes.  I am doing well.  For a few days there I didn't even think about twinges, or being a little lop-sided, and other thoughts of breast cancer.  It occurred to me that when you are trying to help others, you somehow forget about self and being so self absorbed.  A lesson to be learned there, I think! I am grateful for this day and pray for peace, in the world, and hopefully in Oklahoma, too.  

Dear Friends, friends and family, love and hugs and to all.  And spread it around.We all need more of that, you know.

Sandy

2 comments:

lorena johnson said...

You seem to have a good time where ever you are even under extreme circumstances. I love reading your articles because even in the sadder times I feel joy through out what you are saying.
The rooster is wonderful and when I feel like sitting up for any length of time would like to try to paint him.
Happy trails dear friend.

Hugs,
Cami

Sister Vel said...

The rooster made me think about Whiteley and how she loved artwork of chickens and roosters. He is a beautiful specimen, and I'm sure he has the best kok a doodle dooo out there. I, too, am glad that you have level-headed Tom by your side at all times. His love for you is written all over his face when you're around!