Thursday, July 28, 2011

Been There, Done That, Doin' It Again

Me and nurse Tom and my laptop are snuggled in a big bed at the Comfort Inn close to Mayo Clinic.  After a day of tests and consultation with my surgeon at Mayo Clinic it was decided that I will have surgery to get rid of this darn infection that is plauging me.  May possibly have to stay in the hospital for a couple of days of IV antibiotics but the good doctor feels sure that this will take care of my problem.  It will involve a new larger open wound and all the joys of dealing with the healing from the inside out thing.  Tom has been such a good nurse and has down the stuffing my breast with gauze .  It is probably lucky that it is in such a spot that I can't  do it myself, I would gag I am sure!   So that's the scoop!  And I am so grateful for the skill and knowledge here at Mayo.  And they are nice too!  Love and hugs to all . . . I will be back after slice and dice time. . .

Sandy

4 comments:

Diana Guraedy said...

Dear Sandy,
So sorry you have been having an infection problem but know that you will be cured soon! Sorry I havn't been keeping up with your blog as much as I should have. Paul and I have also been doing a lot of the "mini medical vacation" things. I do like reading your thoughts,enjoying your photography skills and I admire your attitude. Makes me even more determined to meet you sometime in the not to distant future. We also need to see Tom again after "all" these years. Paul says he would probably not even keep his Facebook page except that he always likes to read what Tom has written. Well, enough, I'll let you go to sleep now. After all, it is nearly tomorrow. Sending hope and love to you both,Diana

Anonymous said...

I really am very sorry to learn that your infection isn't clearing up on its own. Let us know how things go...and I am sure that if Tom needed "stuffing" you'd be able to do it for him!

TOM VAUGHAN & SANDY FEUTZ said...

I'm sure Sandy's wanted to tell me to "Stuff it" many times; maybe she'll yet get the chance to actually do it. The home health nurse keeps reminding us, "You're not stuffing a turkey!" I think of it as preparing the lovely dove. ;-}

Laurel said...

Bless you both for keeping your senses of humor through all this. From "radiation vacation" to now "stuffing a turkey," you make me giggle in spite of the seriousness of the situation. Sandy, I hope the surgery goes better than anyone hoped, and that you heal up quickly! Hugs to you and Chief Stuffer Tom.