Monday, July 18, 2011

Big Needle Phobia!

Well, waiting for the phone to ring and find out if I am going to have to travel back to Scottsdale for the dreaded big needle proceedure.  I spoke with the radiation oncologist Friday who is consulting with the surgeon oncologist and deciding if I need to come back into Mayo Clinic to see what is going on with the continued bleeding that I am having.  He mentioned that he thought I might need to have the cavity are drained via the (gasp) Big Needle.  I have been paying more attention to that body part the last couple of days and think I may have something going on there, perhaps an infection.  So, I haven't had many bumps in the road and this one seems very fixable unlike many of those going through breast cancer treatment.   Feeling fortunate here and going to the gym and working on some press releases for the Art Guild.  Oh, yes, the photo above I call" Dragonfly in a Blender".  It started out as a beautiful dragonfly and then I "swirled" it!  Isn't that what life does to us sometimes!  I guess the lesson here is learning to still find the beauty in life even when it isn't perfect... . Love and Hugs. . Sandy

3 comments:

sfeutz said...

Good news! I had a call from my Mayo Hospital surgeon who said all sounds normal and well. He said that I might check with my local doctor on the possibility of any infection and get some antibiotics if needed. No need to travel to Scottsdale for anything.
Who-Hooo! I'm feeling better already!

lorena johnson said...

Wooohoooooooooooo is right. Glad that is settled. As far as the picture goes, every good artist will tell you that their best paintings were caused by supposed mistakes.
I really would love to try to paint this exactly like it is. I don't know if I can anymore or not, but would be so much fun to try.
Hugs,
Cami

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I read your post first then your comment, so I'm glad I saw that! Congrats!!!