Sunday, August 7, 2011

Busy Weekend;Good Weekend

I have taken it a little easier this time but am feeling new energy, which feels so good!  We went to the Silver City "First Friday"  downtown merchants event last Friday evening. The theme was "Dog
Days of Summer" . Didn't make it to everything that was going on but stopped by the shady courtyard of the museum for some live music, YaDa-Ya-Da Yarn Shop  ladies had their spinning wheels out front spinning beautiful yarns out of dog hair!  In keeping with the theme there was a parade of dogs down the main drag at 7.   The parades in Silver City are so fun.  Completely unorganized, informal and anyone who would like to parade just does it!  As I have said they just parade for any reason. I think Silver City is the home of the stress free parade.  Love It!   We topped off the evening with with a bowl of chowder and homemade bread at Diane's Restaurant.  I had walked more than I had intended and was really tired but I felt so good the next day, that I think it was really good for me.

  Saturday was catching the farmer's market. I overslept and some of the best was gone but we did come home with two good melons that actually came from Texas.  An industrious local young man was bringing a truck back from Texas and said he decided to make the trip worthwhile.  Entrepreneurism lives! We managed to come home with fresh baked cranberry nut bread and other favorite things from the local bakery. It was home for a break and then we went down to take some photos at a car show down in the park.  Caught it just as it was breaking up and the rains were moving in but what they can do with the old classic is always something to see.

   Sunday came quickly and I made it our local Friends meeting for the first time in a while.  It was good to see everyone.  They have been so kind to Tom and I as we have dealt with my medical problems the last months and weeks.   I came home but went back down to the park for the Hiroshima Day gathering the the Gila Friends Meeting sponsors every year.  Amongst the fun of the weekend adventures this was a serious gathering and  the most meaningful.  Much to think about in man's use of nuclear weapons and nuclear power.

 All reports on my problem body part seem to be good.  Both from nurse Tom and  Beth, the Home Health Care nurse.   They agree that the healing is evident and no signs of new infection.  So hopefully I am on the home stretch!  Yeah!

 Tom starts tomorrow on the countdown routine for a colonoscopy on Wednesday.  Just his regular check up and he has postponed it twice because of my medical issues.  This time it looks like it is a go! Literally.  :)  The prep is the worst but Wednesday he will get a good nap.  And it will feel good to be able to return some of his good nursing care.   So, excuse my rambling update but life is starting to ramble along again and that is a good thing.   .Hugs and love to all.

Sandy

2 comments:

TOM VAUGHAN & SANDY FEUTZ said...

I'm still searching for a reason to postpone Wednesday again! ;-} Love you and look forward to being in your good nursing hands!

lorena johnson said...

Sorry I haven't been in for awhile, but will check in regularly now that I have my Mac back. Glad things are going well for you and you are having such a good time exploring as usual.
hugs!
Cami