Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Home, Sweet Home

And it never looks so good as when you have been in the hospital a few days!   It was good to sleep in my own big bed- even without all the bells and whistles that the Mayo Hospital one has.   And a long shower and shampoo felt wonderful!  Isn't it strange how we forget to appreciate those little things.  I am not needing any pain medication except for the wound care and still a double dose for that.  It leaves me a bit loopy for a few hours but I should be able to back off on it soon.  Beth, the home health nurse(the one who "loves" wound care) was delighted to be able to take a flashlight and explore the cavern left inside from the surgery, and reported that it was beautiful and healthy looking in there except for a small area that had been cauterized that is blackened.  I told her that I usually charge 50cents for "cavern" tours but she had a free pass.   So, hopefully, this is the beginning of the healing and getting back to normal life,again.  Thanks to you dear family, friends and Friends you have made all of this easier. And especially to Sister Vel, who's crazy phone calls are better than morphine! And I don't know how I could have dealt with everything without Tom by my side.   Seeing the many getting care at Mayo that were obviously not doing as well as I, was a constant reminder of how fortunate that I am and in so many ways.  Just really wanted to let everyone know that I am home again and doing well.   Love and hugs to  all,  Sandy

4 comments:

TOM VAUGHAN & SANDY FEUTZ said...

For the three or four individuals in the western United States who don't know it yet, Sandy is ONE TOUGH LADY. She is sweet and kind and thoughtful, but she can and does stand up for herself and others when necessary and she does not complain about poking around and stuffing gauze in and pulling it out of her "cavern!" She's roaring back after the fifth surgical procedure in six months, cutting back on her meds and doing the laundry. And reminding everyone to get their screening done!

Lydia Francine said...

Hello Dear Sandy!

I am so glad you are home sweet home in what looks like a very PINK Abode! I love it. I have just read a few of your days on Blog. You have been though it! I am so very sorry for all of this inconvenience and pain! I hope this is the last of it! May you find the gentle and subtle coming of Autumn soon in your neighborhood. I got an email from Tom that said the temps in Phoenix were 113. I thought 105 was high, I have no idea. It has been a hot summer thus far, as I guess you have experienced as well with your travels to Phoenix. Here is wishing you the quickest and gentlest recovery you can experience. Sending our love and gentle hugs! Lydia and Jack

sfeutz said...

Hi Lydia, So good to hear from you two! I'm doing ok but am getting impatient with this stuff! I am embarressed that pro photographer Jack saw my over tweaked house photo. I was trying to bring out the pink in the flowering tree and guess I over did it a bit. The roof is red tile and the house really isn't that pink! Hope you guys are well. Would love to have you come visit sometime! Hugs and love, Sandy

Laurel said...

Glad to hear things are improving, Sandy! But you might not want to let word of that cavern tour bargain get out--Carlsbad Caverns NP won't be happy at the competition! :-)