Monday, August 22, 2011

Wild Flowers, Old Pets, Chocolate and other Ramblings

What is it about a flower?  I never lose the desire to take one more photo of a flower that comes into my view!  And some of my favorite are the imperfect ones.  Like this group of very scraggly wild daisies? .  Probably not the right name for them but still caught my eye and my camera.  Saturday was a fun day.  Really half of the day and wisely we came home.  My energy was gone but we had the opportunity to get out and around town and do some photography and see some of the many happenings going on in Silver City.  I look forward to the day that I don't have to stop half way through!  Highpoint of my day today was having the carpets cleaned.  Very nice young man that came and did a great job.  And I have threatened the animals if there are any new spots!  But there will be.  And I will forgive them .  Because they are old in people years.  And I understand old.  More all the time!   Getting the carpet cleaned gave us an excuse to go out to lunch at the Curious Kumquat while it was drying. Great lunches and unforgettable chocolate desserts!  Today was chocolate cake with lemon filling and chocolate moose between the layers. Yummm!   So the days roll on. Some better than others. But isn't that true even without a much abused left breast?  It's life!  And a whole lot better than the alternative.   Love and Hugs to all. . Sleep well. . I will. . . :)   Sandy

3 comments:

lorena johnson said...

Wow Sandy, you are having just too much fun. The picture is gorgeous and wish I were able to paint it. I've tried a few small paintings lately and realize I have to have better brushes and paints to turn out quality art. So, I wouldn't do the picture the indignity of my trying to do it justice. LOL!
The food sounds great and I am envious because I can't eat that good stuff anymore.
Hope your energy level comes up real soon and you get back to your Old self again.
I would love to live in a town such as yours. There is absolutely nothing to do here.
I never made it to the Quaker meeting house. I intend to do so one of these days, but have been going out to Holli's on Sunday a lot to help her with her canning and to get the poetry going and ready to have some graphics done on much of it as possible.
Love you and am sending you healing thoughts. Hugs,
Cami

Anonymous said...

I had to read this one right away. The word CHOCOLATE popped out at me!! Glad you had a pleasant day and the carpets are clean!

Sister Vel said...

Heaven help the poor kitty or Scooby who tracks mud in (or deposits a worse spot!) on the cleaned carpet. I love the smell of freshly cleaned carpet and the way it feels on my barefeet. Better YET, the smell of the chocolate at the Curious Kumquat! I know you're ready for the troublesome left boob to get well, and it sounds like it's headed in that direction. You've always been so much better at patience than I - it's working for you! Love you, Sister Dear!