Friday, March 18, 2011

Arizona Greeting

Outside of Scottsdale,the Arizona desert greeted us yesterday with an array of enticing native plants and desert landscapes.  This was before we reached the subdivisions and traffic.  We did some photography at what lay around us as we stopped to stretch our legs. I loved the contrasts in the harsh cactus, the gentleness of the blue skies and the distance mountain ranges overseeing it all and bringing it all together.  It was there for a moment I lost the thoughts ever circulating in my brain that I was on my way to have my body sliced again and hopefully start the purging of breast cancer cells from wherever they lurk within. We found our choice of motel a great one, clean, friendly with pool and spa.  We took a quick dip in both to refresh ourselves.  I tried to encase my body part with the incision in a taped plastic baggie(under swimsuit) so I could swim.  Warning: Don't try to bag a boobie!  My inventive solution didn't work for keeping the water out but the swim felt so good!  Priceless! We went to Outback for steak dinner and on to the nearby mall to walk off the chocolate sundae we shared for desert.  Tom was delighted to find purple converse hightop tennis shoes that he had been looking for for months.  They will go well in Silver City and they are very "Tom".   The thoughts, prayers and experiences that have been shared with me via this blog and beyond will carry me into my appointment today.   I have never thought of myself as having a lot of friends.  Who knew!  I didn't.  Thank you all so much!
With Love and Hugs all around
Sandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Tom found his purple tennies! We had that conversation before when Dan was trying to find shoes, remember?? Nope, never tried to bag a boob before, but if this sports bra doesn't work for riding the mower this summer, I'm going to ace wrap myself from the neck down! Keep up the posts!! Love and hugs...

lorena johnson said...

The picture is spectacular Sandy. I love AZ. Nowhere else in the USA looks like it.
It looks like you and Tom are having a good time in spite of the destination there. WTG! Hugs!
Cami