Monday, March 28, 2011

This Day is Good

This day was good.  A very  close to normal day and I think it was the normal that felt good. I am grateful for a normal, good day.  A day my head wasn't consumed with thoughts of my illness.  Yesterday, while sitting in Quaker Silent Worship and having my head filled with thoughts of cancer, treatment of cancer, what ifs of cancer and longing for the inner peace that I usually find in this Sunday morning gathering,  I angerly decided to order all thoughts of cancer out of my head!  It worked and I had possession of my mind again!  Today was better more normal, I slept well and late, photographed young children enjoying a concert of Irish musicians, went out to breakfast at a favorite restaurant that ended up being lunch as we got there late but enjoyed the artsy casual atmosphere and the lunch offering.  I have to admit, after running errands and somewhere in the middle of the super Wal Mart I was fading but the energy lasted longer today and will last even longer tomorrow, I know.  Yes, this day was good.  And all of you dear Friends, friends and family I hope yours was too.  There is real value in a good day.  Or maybe I am just learning to appreciate it more. . Hugs, Sandy
P.S.  The photo is a closeup of the inside of one of the tulips that Tom brought me on our anniversary.  So many time flowers prove that  looking within is where true beauty is found.  . . .

2 comments:

lorena johnson said...

I'm glad you ordered the negative out of your head. WTG!
As a result, you had a great day.
I believe I commented on the flower that could make a good Georgia O'Keefe painting on FB. Keep on keeping on lovely lady. So glad you have Tom to lift you up. Hugs,
Cami

Karen Bittleston said...

Life is good!!! Enjoy it and no more "stinkin thinkin". Love your photo's and hope you post a few of your new home and town. Take care, my friend.

XO
kb