Saturday, March 26, 2011

Flying High

I awoke feeling so good this morning that I had to dig out this photo of the flying lady used in parades here to express myself.  Yesterday was a down day until I got the good call from Mayo. I was just dragging, both physically and mentally.  I guess it happens.  Anyway, I slept well last night without any sleeping aids and woke this morning feeling more like my old self.  I am sure knowing that I don't have to return for a mastectomy or other surgery has made a big difference.  I don't know yet whether I will have to have both chemo and radiation treatment, but that is ok.  I have dodged the big bullet of invasive cancer.  I am so fortunate.  I am grateful for early detection and so much more.  And  I am just grateful for a feel good morning.   Hugs and love to all. . :)   Sandy

4 comments:

lorena johnson said...

I know the perfect place to celebrate. Do you remember the Elephant Bar where you, Marjie and me had lunch when we first met?
Too bad we didn't get to imbibe a bit, but we had such fun and you were so kind to Marjie when she was at an all time low.
You and Vel were such a pair when you came to my little house there in OKC. I am so happy that you will be spared surgery and am in high hopes that the other treatment if there is any will be minimal.
Love you gal.
Cami

Sister Vel said...

I'm not sure where the Elephant Bar is, but I can throw a toothbrush in my purse and be there on the next Southwest flight. I wish the "Dallas Twenty" or however many of us there were could get together again. I remember the hooping and hollering when we saw you and Cami pulling up!

Karen Bittleston said...

Hey Sandy,
Meet me at the oldest bar and we'll poot a little shool!! Those were the days. Such wonderful news and exactly what we were all hoping to hear. Stay happy.

Love ya,
KB

sfeutz said...

Vel, Cami and KB. . .All of your comments brought a smile to my face and happy memories from the past. . and I am expecting the opportunity to make more beautiful memories with you three in the future.. . That's a must do! Love and Hugs, Sandy