Friday, March 25, 2011

Home is Good

It was so good to be home yesterday afternoon, to sleep in my own bed, to breathe the fresh cool air through the open window as I slept.  Home is good.  Home is best.  I am grateful for how the last week has gone.  The outcome is better than I even dared hope for.  Yet, I am a worrier.  Those close to me know that.  If the results from the lab work that is still out come back that the good doctor did get all and the borders taken and biopsied  are without any cancer cells you will probably here a big yippee from me  all the way from Silver City!  That would be so wonderful.  I would worry less.  Then the question of radiation or chemo or both? Where should I have radiation? At Scottsdale Mayo or at the Silver City Cancer Center?  I have read that you have to be careful of heart damage with left breast radiation. I may not have those questions answered until I meet with the oncologist April 18th.  If  the lab results are not good  and I need to return for the mastectomy sooner I will have more answers sooner.  Today I need to concentrated on Gratitude. .for early detection. .  for wonderful medical care . . for friends .. .for family. . for today being my 3rd Wedding Anniversary to Tom, who has been my source of strength when mine wobbled.  Thank you all . . I am fortunate. . in so many ways. Gratitude. . Gratitude. . Please overcome that worry thing. . . Hugs and love to all, Sandy

3 comments:

lorena johnson said...

I know I can speak for all your friends when I say that we are all very pleased so far and almost certainly know that that the lab results will be good news.
We love you and are behind you 100% whatever you choose to pursue.
Hugs,
Cami

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine your strength wobbling; you are stronger than you know. BUT just remember you do not have to be that strong when you've got the rest of us to be strong for you. We all deserve to have "weak knees" once in a while...if that made sense.

Sister Vel said...

95% of the things we worry about never occur. A wise man told me this once; and, although worrying is a time-honored family tradition for us, I have tried to remember what he told me when times are rough. Sure enough, MOST of my worries don't play out. You were a HUGE worry to me, but it really does look like everything (well, practically) is "comin' up roses"! A very gentle hug to you.