Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Messages

First of all, and most of all, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the comments in the last few days filled with messages of caring and support.  Thank you all so much!  Those positive thoughts, prayers and energy mean everything to me right now.   It is also occuring to me that I am finding messages of encouragement everywhere as in this beautiful colorshow at sunset last night.  In Colorado, the bright  sunrises and sunsets abound.  Not so much in New Mexico.  But the sunset out the back door last night was spectacular!  A message just for me.  I knew it!  And  then there was a really strange health news runner on MSNBC Morning Joe this morning. I was up early and a few moments after turning on TV to catch morning news,  a scroll across the bottom of the screen  read "Older women with breast cancer live as long as their peers who are cancer free."  When it registered the first time around I thought "OK, Sandy, have more coffee, you are losing it."  So I waited until it rolled the second time before I believed I had read it correctly.  Doesn't make sense! But could there have been a more encouraging message for me the day before I leave for Mayo Clinic and enter the world of breast cancer treatment!  So I am accepting all positive messages.  Thank you,Friends, friends and family.  Thank you, Mother Nature.  Thank you, wherever and whomever was responsible for the bit of health news that makes no sense.  Gratitude here for it all.

 Hugs, Sandy 

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Your pictures always seem to capture God's beautiful creations. Big and small. I love this one with all the colors. Can almost hear music when trying to take it all in.

lorena johnson said...

I am so glad to hear how upbeat you are through this. My sister had a radical mastectomy and survived for many years after it. The thing that took her life was Emphysema.
She was on a regular dose of Tamoxifen for the rest of her life which was a long time after the Mastectomy.
I know that your positive attitude is so essential to your recovery. You have that in super amounts.

Your picture is glorious. I love pink clouds at sunset or sunrise. I saw those a lot in Montana and it looks like you are treated to the same thing.

We all adore you Scooby. Have never forgotten your subtle sense of humor that cracks me up. keep up the good work and may your time at the Mayo Clinic be fruitful.

Give that scoundrel Tom a hug for me.

Love you,
Cami

Anonymous said...

Sandy,
What a beautiful picture. I am really impressed. Little did we know that our little photograghy class back in the day would lead to this. You are my Ansel Adams in color!!!!

One more day and you will get down to the bottom of this, and believe me, you are going to be just fine. Just a short detour and and then you and Tom will be back on the road again having a ball. Take good care, my friend.

XOXO
KB

Helen Weber said...

Prayers and hope from Wisconsin, Sandy. Maybe you could send a little of that positive attitude my way as I spend a month subbing in middle school at age 68!
Helen

Anonymous said...

Love the photo. And I know in my heart from having had a chance to know YOU that with your positive attitude you are gonna be OK lady!