Tuesday, May 3, 2011

1 Down, 19 to Go

Everything lined up perfectly today and my first radiation treatment was completed.  When it happened, it seemed too quick, too easy(my job was to lay still) for something so important.  The preparation was meticulous.  The actual treatment took 4 minutes at the outside.  But Yippee. . only 19 to go and it seems likely that I can do a makeup for the first treatment that was missed yesterday before the original end date of May 27th.  I go back in at 8 am tomorrow for treatment #2.  And then it is off on a photo safari!   The photo above is one of the sculptures at the Heard Museum.  We spent most of the day at the museum.  Fabulous!  So much to see there, I know we must have missed some of the exhibits.  The courtyard is a peaceful, lovely spot where we had lunch.  Such a nice day we had!  Gratitude overflows!  Love and Hugs to all. .

Sandy

3 comments:

lorena johnson said...

Ah! So glad the radiation was easy. The Chemo which you will not need is what usually makes the patient so sick, so I am grateful for you not to have to go through that phase.
Your photo is intense and lovely. Thanks for the visual. Hugs!

lorena johnson said...

BTW, I had to do a new blog. They did away the old one. The new one won't let me put a colored background or anything and is not nearly so nice.
I am in the process of transferring all my poetry first to the new one. Then I will start talking about my daily stuff when it's pertinent.
It is: johsonlorena5.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We're glad that things are going so well!! Enjoy the museums and whatever else you find!