Thursday, May 26, 2011

Contemplating. . . . .

My last full day in the Pheonix/Scottsdale area. . We made it to Heard Museum North this week. This was one of my favorite sculptures in the courtyard there.  It is a much smaller version of the big Heard Museum but we also enjoyed visiting  Carefree, a community just north of the big city.  We had lunch on a sidewalk cafe and toured a couple of small galleries.  Mostly today I am contemplating my last doctor visit.  I have my list of questions ready.  I have my FeVa Fotos "Thank You" card ready. Before departing Monday,we had quickly printed some photos of the beautiful cactus blooms at the Mayo entrance.  I grabbed some cardstock to assemble them .  In putting them together yesterday, I realized that it wasn't my best choice of cardstock for those particular photos. Anyway, I guess it is the thought that counts and employees that had come in a different entrance said they had not had the opportunity to see these special blooms that were only open for one day.  What a shame.  There should be a message about "seize the moment" in there somewhere! Our motto for our photography has been "Share the Joy" and the five cards that I have assembled for different people or groups of people who have touched my life on this journey as a cancer patient is my humble attempt to share the joy of photographing those special blooms.  The cards with that photo were Tom's idea.  He has been such a good partner in this venture.  Between the two of us we manage to come up with some good ideas.  Excuse my morning ramblings.  Just contemplating. . . what lies ahead. . 19th treatment this morning. . final treatment tomorrow. Yeah!   Guess I am also contemplating what doesn't lie ahead because of the skilled treatment here. . .Gratitude for this whole experience.. . .Hugs and love to all. .. Sandy

4 comments:

lorena johnson said...

I am so happy you only have tomorrow left of treatments. Freedom is so great isn't it?
You and Tom are so gifted with your photos. You both deserve to have a lot of recognition.
Have fun the rest of the week when you are finished with the last treatment.
We are blessed that you survived this ordeal and will be with us a lot longer.
Hugs,
Cami

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and unique idea (about the cards)! And congratulations on the last treatment tomorrow. I'm sure to you it doesn't seem like it has gone quickly but to me it seems like only a week ago you were starting this journey.

Laurel Rematore said...

Thinking of you, Sandy, and admiring your strength and courage through all of this.

Sister Vel said...

Yeah!! Home, Sweet Home . . .