Thursday, May 19, 2011

On the Road Again

These have to be the most beautiful cactus flowers ever!  We have been waiting for this cactus to bloom for days and today was the day.  It is at the entry to the Mayo Clinic and we were able to take a series of photos prior to my treatment this morning. Breathtaking!  I found that running around the grounds doing photography and then getting on a table where you are to lay perfectly still is not a good idea. I was still breathing hard when they were ready to do the radiation treatment.  Had to really work at laying very still so they would hit their target.  I had the weekly radiation/oncologist doctor appointment after the treatment and he said all was going well.  But said that I still had quite a bit of fluid in the cavity area from the surgery but that it would slowly go away,although it may take several months.  I agreed with him that it would be best not to do a needle extraction of fluid  as long as I wasn't feeling discomfort. Big needle. .extraction from my tender body part. Wasn't a hard decision on my part! :)  Tomorrow is treatment #15 and it is home again to Silver City for another busy weekend.  Next week is the final week of treatments.  The last four are to be more targeted on the area of the surgery.  Then I'm done!  I'm done!  Yipee!  It will be so good to be home for good.  Grateful for a good day.  Guess at this stage of my life I should be grateful just for a  day whether good or not!   Gratitude isn't hard to find.  Love and hugs to all of you. . . Sandy

1 comment:

lorena johnson said...

The photo is stunning Sandy. I am so glad you will be on the last lap of the radiation next week. Then you can go home and totally relax.
Yeh! Like that's gonna happen. LOL!
You two are gadabouts.
hugs,
Cami