Monday, May 2, 2011

Size Matters!

And I just didn't measure up!  No radiation treatment today.  I was ready.  I was properly undressed  and redressed in the glamour garment that opens in the front.  And then. . .it seems that swelling had decreased as had the size of the subject body part to be radiated and so today's treatment was cancelled.  And scans and measurements and x-rays were done again  and everything for the radiation treatment is being recalculated.  I am to go back tomorrow at 4 and hopefully then the treatment will be possible.  The technicians apologized.  The doctor apologized. They said this happens sometimes. I told them that I had come to Mayo because I had confidence in their expertise to get it right.  And that I was glad they were taking the time to do that.  So I was disappointed in not getting treatment underway and that my 4 weeks here now looks like 4weeks and 1 day of the 5th week.  But I am grateful for the perfectionist culture at Mayo Clinic.  In the scheme of things, that one day doesn't matter.  Getting it right does.. . . Love and Hugs,
Sandy

1 comment:

lorena johnson said...

You are so right Sandy. It pays to be careful. I know it is hard to have to live so far away from the treatment center, but you have the right attitude and will keep on till it's done. No one can accuse you of being a slacker. LOL!
Hugs!