Friday, April 1, 2011

Morning Light

Just a note this morning to share first light on the apple blossoms in the side yard.  Yesterday I noticed there were many bees plus tiny butterflies of black and yellow flitting around the blossoms.  I hope they are back this afternoon for a photo session!  I am doing well, I think.  I haven't done this cancer thing before so who knows?  My energy level isn't yet what I would like.  Is that the cancer disease or just the after effects of having the surgery, I wonder?  Or maybe just being 68 years young!  I have been trying to keep up with local activities and the classes that I had so eagerly signed up for and now have missed some and will miss part of due to Mayo Clinic appointments.  Last night was a night at the local college, with my Kiwanis group helping to host "Hotdogs and More" a Thursday night traditional free feed and social for students and really anyone else in the community that choose to come.  It was a culturally diverse and lovely setting with the young and old.  I was so impressed with the number of college kids to declined the sugar laden desserts.  Better and wiser than my generation!  Tonight is the "First Friday" downtown Silver City which we try not to miss.  Much going on at the galleries and in the streets.  We are needing to get a hold on our FeVa Fotos production as we have some exhibits coming up as well as a nice order to fill for our "Keepsake Photo Cards". 
Thank you to all who have been supportive in so many ways in this new and not so delightful experience of mine.  And Tom's experience too.  I think when you have cancer, those closest to you are living with  the disease also.  The count of views on this blog is nearing 1000.  Where did that come from??  Everytime that I see those numbers rise it says that there are people out there that care, about me, about Tom , about seeing another cancer victim become a cancer survivor.  Thank you, dear friends, Quaker Friends, family and those I don't really know. I apologize for those emails unanswered or other comments not yet replied to. But please know. .  You are all my strength.!  Hugs. . and Love. . with  Gratitude.. .  Sandy

2 comments:

Sister Vel said...

You are the perkiest 68 year young person I've ever known. So, steal a nap here and there, sleep later, let some housework go. I would bet that your body has gone into shock at being sick since you are so healthy. So, enjoy things at a slightly slower pace for awhile until your body says, "Ready for fun - let's do a Sister Trip!!":)

lorena johnson said...

I agree with Vel Sandy. You don't need to become a couch potato, but you do need to get plenty of rest.
I can't believe all the functions you two attend on a daily basis.
There are so many foods that help fight the cancer cells and actually help those who don;t have it to not get it.
I have been paying close attention to Dr. Oz lately and he is really investigating all this stuff.
I can't believe some of the things I never knew.
It is fun finding out though.
Leaving the sugary stuff alone is a good beginning.
You are the light of our eyes too with your attitude and vigor.
You encourage all of us and we love you for it and want you around for a very long time.
Hugs!
Cami