Friday, April 22, 2011

Birthday Ramblings and Blessings

Today is my birthday!  I was 68 yesterday and today I am . . .67.  Actually 69 but I have been kidding everyone that at 68 I have the right to go in reverse on the years.  But guess I will settle for being 69 and having all the blessings that a 69 year old could wish for.  . . Restored good health coming my way. . the love of family and friends and the probability of being here to see my great grandchildren in the years ahead.  I have had a good week of "Normal".  We head back to Mayo Clinic Sunday with an early morning appointment Monday  to prepare me for the next  month's treatment.  An amazing example of  the "Kindness of Strangers". . a friend of a Friend  has a home in Phoenix that she will not be using in May and graciously offered it to us for the month.  Love and kindness overflows in this world when you least expect it!  I am feeling well with no real problems as I heal from the last surgery.   I am still doing hot and cold treatments to rid myself of a hematoma. I can assure you that the heating pad feels better that the ice cubes on that particular body part!  But it does seem to be working.  The photo is a moon shot that I took from the front yard a few days ago.  Although the quality of the photo isn't that good, I was surprised when I downloaded it to see the" heart" around the moon.  Talk about "Show me the love"!  How special is that!  Ok, these days my imagination runs a little wild at times.  I guess that is your privilege when you are 68 and just turned 67. . . Love and hugs and gratitude overflowing to all of you. . Sandy

3 comments:

lorena johnson said...

I left a happy birthday comment on your wall in FB. Hey! just think, you are 7 years my junior. heh heh!
Hope you have a spectacular year and keep sending us wonderful pictures like this moon surrounded with a heart halo.
I know you will be through with all the medical stuff soon and up and at em like the Sandy I know and adore.
You deserve every kindness available to you.
Hugs,
Cami

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I can't believe you are 69!!! And what a friend to allow you to use their home!!! Happy Birthday!

Diana Guraedy said...

Happy Birthday Sandy! A lot of good people born in April....including my son whose birthday was yesterday! My birthday was the 14th and I turned 66.(Hope I can qualify as a good people!).

A dear friend sent me a birthday card with a special message...now I send it on to you. Dear Sandy, "May you have great joy on this----your 30th birthday".

Love,Diana & Paul too