Friday, April 15, 2011

My Life Given Back X 2

Morning All,

Today is a busy one for us, and we old folks are both tired from out late day travel home from Arizona yesterday but I wanted to share the further good news about my treatment.   I met with the Radiation Oncologist yesterday at Mayo Clinic and left with great confidence in the radiation treatment ahead.  I go back on April 25th for the pre radiation workup( I think I get tattoos!) and then back to start radiation treatments on May 2nd.  It will be a 4 week course, 5 days a week and be completed on May 27th!  We will be spending 4 nights a week  in Scottsdale area   and 3 nights at home.  Should be an interesting month!  And I am so grateful to have over in a month what I had thought was going to take up to a year and without having to go through the side effects of the chemo.  I feel that I have my life back in two different ways.  I have been assured that the chances are minimal that there has been any spread of the disease beyond the left breast and that radiation will take care of any possibility that  cancer cells linger there.  And it now means that we can plan for what we enjoy doing without having my cancer treatment control the schedule.  I know what I have to do for the month of May.  Beyond that it is actually a choice!  How could I have missed appreciating that before dealing with this disease??  I don't think I will ever see life the same. . Dear family, friends and Friends. . Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers and sending some devine light my way. . .I cherish you all. . Love and Hugs, Sandy

4 comments:

Sister Vel said...

I'm soooooo glad to have my perky, funny, gorgeous sister BACK!!! What a wonderful trip back home that must have been!!!

lorena johnson said...

What Vel said and Now we can all breathe easier along with you and Tom.
The cactus pic is outrageously beautiful.
Hugs,
Cami

Laurel said...

What a heartening update, Sandy! I'm so pleased for you and Tom. And I love your persepctive on the future. Yay!

Laurel

Anonymous said...

Great news!!!! I'm so glad you are comfortable keeping all your friends informed.