Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Day, 1 Doctor to Go

Today was an amazingly good day for me.  Just when I think that nothing will surprise me, it does!  I met with the oncologist and was told that chemotherapy was not needed to treat me because in their re-do of my lab work from my original biopsies in Silver City their finding was that I had a much smaller amount of cancer , in fact a much, much smaller amount than the original lab reports from the Silver City lab.  Most all that was removed was precancerous.  Good news!  In fact great news!  The oncologist  felt sure that  radiation should be done and I have an appointment with a radiation oncologist mid-day tomorrow.  So that should start soon but yippee! I will be through with treatment within a few weeks.  I will know more about that tomorrow.  I also met with the surgeon for a follow up visit who said it looked like all was well.   He also said that he was in agreement with all that the oncologist had told me. And although I will be monitored after I finish the radiation, I was told the chance that it has spread beyond the breast is minimal.   It has been a busy day and although I am relieved and thrilled with the reports today I am  also tired and will hopefully have more inspired writings tomorrow.   I know I will sleep better tonight.  Thank you all for your prayers and concern.  I am fortunate in so many ways.  That I know for sure.  Goodnight all, Love and Hugs, Sandy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is wonderful news Sandy!!
Big hugs,
Les & Saskia

Anonymous said...

i am so excited for you!good luck on your appointment tomorrow!think of you often and the beautiful pictures you share.i have rose buds,so maybe in time i will take a picture for you when the grass is green and the flowers bloom!its beginning to look pretty! oh i i watched 2 turkeys yesterday afternoon in the front yard. i was amazed!take care!love ,mickey

lorena johnson said...

All I can say is Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooo! Hugs!

Diana Guraedy said...

Sandy, Wonderful news!! Hooray!!

While you are in Arizona, enjoy the "desert blooms" and take more of your beautiful photos! I love seeing them.

Love to you and Tom,
Diana

Diana Guraedy said...

Sandy, Wonderful news!! Hooray!!

While you are in Arizona, enjoy the "desert blooms" and take more of your beautiful photos! I love seeing them.

Love to you and Tom,
Diana

Diana Guraedy said...

OOOOPS!!!! Sorry for the duplication!

Laurel said...

OutSTANDing, Sandy!